I am delighted to announce that Sir Paul Williams OBE KStJ DL has graciously agreed to become one of our patrons.
Sir Paul has a successful and distinguished career as an NHS Manager spanning 45 years, serving as a Chief Executive of three NHS Trusts, chair and member on numerous National Committees and culminating as CEO NHS Wales and Director-General for Health and Social Services, Welsh Government and Past President Institute of Health Care Management.
As well as fulfilling other distinguished positions Sir Paul has previously served on the Board of Trustees for the Royal Voluntary Services. He is currently involved with various charities as listed below:
- St John Cymru Wales, Prior and Chair of Board of Trustees 2017 to date.
- International Order of St John – Member of Grand Council and Trustee 2018 to date.
- Chair and Trustee RMBI Care Company 2016 to date.
- Trustee Masonic Charitable Foundation 2016 to date.
- Member of Bevan Commission (an independent health and social care think tank) 2013 to date.
- Llamau (charity for young homeless people) member of the Advisory Council 2018 to date.
With this wealth of experience, Sir Paul is uniquely suited to advise on the strategic development of the charity and fostering improved links with NHS Wales and alliances with kindred charities.
I’d like to thank Sir Paul for joining our team and look forward to working with him in the future.